Now that both my parents are gone (my dad died nine years ago) my sister and I have the horrible task of breaking up the family home. It seems so disrespectful to reduce my mam’s home to ‘keep, charity shop, bin’.
Once Monday was out of the way I got back into my sewing room with a vengeance. I finished off a bag which I started a couple of weeks ago. All the fabric used in the bag came once again from my scrap box. Old blue curtains were used for the main fabric, whilst cream sheeting which I use for making toiles when I’m dressmaking, was the lining fabric. The patchwork fabric was just bits of everything.
The bag has two different flaps, B was made up of thirty six 2 inch squares stitched together to form a checkerboard pattern. After ‘stitching in the ditch’, a set of three diagonal strips were quilted over the squares.
Flap A was a little more complex – for a quilting novice like me anyway….. Four 6 inch blocks were sewn together then I quilted diagonal strips and random zigzags on the two ‘four-patch star’ blocks.
Two strips of eight 2 inch squares were stitched to the back and front of the bag – you can just see them on the photos behind the flaps. As I wasn’t interested in having a movable bag strap, I simply made it in one piece.
Have a great week.
PS pop over to Handmade Monday to see what other fellow craft bloggers have been up to.