Pages

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Cake addict - part 5

I meant to post this a couple of days ago but time just got the better of me.

Following on from my mam’s sneaky ways of feeding (sorry couldn’t resist!!) her cake addiction, I finally got one over her.

Mother’s Day was approaching and finding a gift for her was hard at the best of times (she wasn’t the easiest of people to buy presents for). However this time was especially difficult as she was terminally ill so we had to think of something that she could enjoy now.

My sister decided on giving her flowers as she always had a vase of fresh flowers in her living room and from me it was going to be – you guessed it – a cake.

One of her all time favourite cakes was a Dundee cake so that’s what I was going to make.

Sadly she never got the chance to enjoy her flowers or the cake as she died three days before Mother’s Day.

Had she been aware she was getting cake for Mother’s Day she would have made sure she was still with us for the Sunday....

Take care,

Gertie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment